Clients and customers often ask me how the market is doing. They also tend to ask about where home values are at today. Compared to 5-6 years ago, I’d of course say the market is down quite a bit. The good news however is that things are definitely improving. The Ulster County real estate market, Highland NY in particular, is just one of a handful of local markets to see a surge in buyer activity. In Taft Street realty’s latest market update, we wanted to share two recently sold homes in Ulster County NY to give you a better idea of what’s selling right now and where Highland NY home values are at this spring.
14 Cambridge Court
14 Cambridge Court Highland NY was the quintessential townhome. This 3 BDR, 2.5 BTH, 1,800 square foot home closed on May 8th, 2013 for $190,000. Situated on a nice elevated lot with fenced in rear yard, was scooped up rather quickly this spring. It was the perfect fit for someone looking for low maintenance living just 2-3 minutes from the bridge and less than 10 minutes from the NYS Thruway. With a relatively new roof, this townhome didn’t really need anything else but some new personal touches and a fresh coat of paint!
6 Jonathan Court
6 Jonathan Court Highland NY had a great family vibe going for it! Although just a quick 5 minutes to the bridge and shopping conveniences, this 4 BDR, 2 BTH, 2,400 square foot home also had a very quiet and peaceful setting. This home closed on May 9th, 2013 for $305,000. A town-maintained dead end road, Jonathan Court is a tiny street with some relatively larger two-story homes in great condition. Perfect for walking the dog or taking a stroll with children, the traffic is limited to those who live on the street making it safe, quiet and discreet. 6 Jonathan Court came with a serious landscape package, complete with over 30 sprinkler heads and beautiful trees and shrubs! A blacktop driveway, two-car garage, central air, wood floors, front porch, back deck, the list goes on and on! Needless to say, the buyer was extremely happy. Taft Street Realty secured this home for $10K less than the bank appraisal so we definitely scored on this one!
Highland NY Real Estate For Sale
Commuting to and from work is a necessity for many and when looking for homes for sale, convenience to major roadways is one of the most important search criteria a buyer has on the list. Highland NY real estate offers all that and then some! Whether you need to go north to Kingston on 9W, west to New Paltz NY on Route 299, south on the NY State Thruway, or maybe even east across the Hudson River into Poughkeepsie via the Mid-Hudson Bridge, no matter where your work takes you, Highland has convenient, quick access to all of these vital thoroughfares.
2012 SOLD Home Stats For Highland NY
- 51 single family homes sold in 2012 ranging from $40,000 up to $770,000
- List Price Sold Ratio - Approximately 93% - Sellers on average got 93% of their last asking price in 2012
- Average List Price - $245,001 / Average Sold Price - $228,628
- Median List Price - $210,000 / Median Sold Price $195,000
- Average Days On Market - 203
- On average, 4 homes per month sold in Highland in 2012.
- There are currently 84 active and available Single Family homes for sale in Highland right now.
- With 4 homes selling per month in Highland, there are approximatley 21 months of inventory on the market right now. This inidicates that the housing market in Highland NY is currently a Buyer's Market
2011 SOLD Home Stats For Highland NY
- A total of 32 single family homes sold in Highland NY in 2011 ranging from $80,000 up to $700,000
- List Price Sold Ratio - Approximately 97% - Sellers on average got 97% of their last asking price in 2011
- Average List Price - $256,627 / Average Sold Price - $249,360
- Median List Price - $252,950 / Median Sold Price - $245,140
- Average Days On Market In 2011 - 177
- Based on the data, 2012 sold prices were down compared to 2011. Homes also sold at a quicker pace in 2011 than in 2012
Contact Dylan Taft directly at 845-380-3394 to get specific SOLD data and other local market reporting for your neighborhood!
Posted by Dylan Taft on