A Saugerties Jewel that has been in the same family for almost a century! Built by the Davis family in 1908, the Orpheum Theater on Main Street was a center for Vaudeville acts, movies, roller-skating, and basketball. Vaudeville gave way to movies in the 1920's and the Orpheum Theater became the only movie house in town. In 1919 the theater opened under new management of Byron S. Thornton and remains in the family as of today. The theater was converted into a triplex in recent years, in a way that maintained its character and period architectural details. Theater one seats 138, theater 2 seats 145 and theater 3 seats 138. There is a ticket booth in the front, then concession area and two half baths as you lead towards the theater space. The building is about 6,500 total square feet, theater rooms rage from +/- 1,500 square feet to +/- 2,300 square feet. Property being sold Turn Key as movie theater. This building can lend itself to many other uses (other than a theater), a school, recording studio or performing arts center (to name a few) would also be a great attraction to the thriving Saugerties Village.
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the IDX of the Multiple Listing Service of Ulster County, Inc. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Taft Street Realty Inc are marked with IDX logo and the detailed information about them includes the name of the listing broker.
Copyright © 2021 by the Multiple Listing Service of Ulster County, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.