Air, Land & Water - Summer Fun & Things To Do In Ulster County NY
by Dylan Taft
on Tuesday, July 5th, 2011 at 10:09am.
Air, Land & Water - Summer Fun In Ulster County! When the weather heats up and the sun starts shining, it's time to get outdoors and have some fun! In Ulster County NY there is no shortage of summertime activities. The gorgeous landscape of the Hudson Valley region offers a virtual playground of outdoor adventure. Whether you like to get wet, stay dry, or fly through the air, there's an outdoor activity nearby where you can get your fill of thrills! Taft Street Realty gives you a go-to guide for summer fun in Ulster County NY! Simply pick your pleasure...
- Water -If it's hot outside, perhaps your first instinct is to cool off. Why not splash around the cold, refreshing waters of the
k? At Tinker Town Tube Rentals in Phoenicia NY, you and your party can rent individual inner tubes and literally float down the rapids! This activity is great for adults and kids, at times both exhilarating and relaxing. Tubers are transported by bus to the northern part of the creek, where they set sail down 2 ½ beautiful miles of the Esopus Creek. Tinker Town offers a novice route for those looking for a lazy river feel, and an expert route for the more adventurous who'd like to encounter some rapids! Tubing the Esopus is a fun water activity unique to Ulster County NY.
Town Tinker Tube Rentals - 10 Bridge St. - Phoenicia NY 12464 - (845) 688-5553 - www.towntinker.com
- Land - The rugged terrain of Ulster County NY offers some amazing and challenging mountain biking. However if you're just visiting or perhaps new to the area, you may not know where the best trails are. Favata's Table Rock Tours in Rosendale NY offers guided mountain biking tours of some of the best trails in the area. Lifelong residents of Ulster County NY, the Favata's bike shop on Main Street Rosendale NY offers a full line of bikes and gear for all ages and skill levels. Bike tours are designed based on skill level and party size and can take the guesswork out of biking Ulster County NY's sickest trails!
- Table Rock Tours & Bicycles - 386 Main Street - Rosendale NY 12472 - (845) 658-7832 - www.trtbicycles.com
- Air - Want a bird’s eye view of Ulster County NY, literally? Thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies can visit Skydive The Ranch in Gardiner NY and do some sky diving! No experience? No problem! The Ranch offers training & Tandem Jumping for 1st timers so there’s no excuses. Immortalize your skydive by opting for the Ranch’s video package, where an experienced jumper with a camera films your entire experience! Ask anyone who’s done it and they’ll tell you that few things in life are as exhilarating as skydiving, and you can do it right here in Ulster County NY!
- Skydive the Ranch - 55 Sand Hill Rd. - Gardiner NY 12525 - (845) 255-4033 - www.skydivetheranch.com
If you like to stay active during the summer, Ulster County NY has it all. We may be less than 2 hours from New York City, but Ulster County NY provides a haven for nature lovers looking for exciting outdoor activities! Homes for sale in Ulster County NY are popular among New Yorkers seeking to get back to nature, but also get back to the city in a decent amount of time!